Anthon Beeke Archive Foundation
The ‘Anthon Beeke archive’ foundation was established in February 2020.
Graphic designer and photographer Anthon Beeke passed away on September 25, 2018. He left his extensive oeuvre and the rights to it to Lidewij Edelkoort and Sacha Happée. They have housed his archive in the Anthon Beeke Archive Foundation. The archive includes his graphic work such as posters, books, sketches, photography, etc, his collections of hangers, magazines, work by colleagues as well as his extensive library.
The foundation aims to:
- managing the archive of Anthon Beeke;
- making his work accessible;
- arranging loans and copyrights;
- enabling publications and exhibitions.
The foundation tries to achieve its goal by:
- arranging the storage of his work;
- digitizing his work;
- making his work accessible via his website, dynamic archive and other media;
- enable publications and exhibitions;
- transfer (parts) archive to other relevant archives.
The board members of the foundation are:
Lidewij Edelkoort, chairwoman
Sacha Happée, secretary / treasurer
Mariola López Mariño
Dirk van Oostveen
The board positions are unpaid and there is no paid employee.
The foundation is located in Amsterdam, Hortusplantsoen 6D, 1018TZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The foundation is registered with the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam under number 77228340